What you'll do
Our approach to building software is lean and pragmatic, with a focus on building the right abstractions for our specific domain. We don't simply slap together a couple of NPM modules, but continuously balance how this impacts our managed complexity and technical debt.
Our stack currently consists of Typescript, React (Native), PostgreSQL, Golang and PHP. We prefer to work with people who have seen—or want to learn—different technologies, as we believe that all tools are a means to an end and it’s good to have some perspective.
We try hard to maintain a high level of readability of our code by putting in the time to adjust abstractions to our ever-changing business. Through extensive automated testing, we have a lot of confidence in the code we release. Everyone in the team is encouraged to touch the entire release process—there are no dedicated testers or system administrators. At Crisp, you will ship code to production on day one.
We are looking for software engineers that like to work directly with their colleagues in other disciplines such as warehouse operations, retail commerce or app user experience. An ideal candidate has a background in computer science, a healthy disregard for red tape and excellent communication skills.
- You will work on our entire technology stack (frontend, backend, infra, testing, development tooling) to create the best possible experience for our users.
- You will collaborate directly with specialists of other teams such as warehouse, commerce, service, finance and product.
- You will design, develop and test features from inception to rollout.
- You will create high-quality code that is easy to follow, reliable and reusable.
What you'll bring
We are looking for people with a strong computer science or software engineering background. And regardless of whether you're just out of school or have been doing this work for 30 years (we love to work with both!), you fit the following profile:
- You have a good understanding of database technology such as PostgreSQL.
- You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- You are a passionate learner who isn’t afraid of new tools and technologies.
- You possess a degree of pragmatism, with a drive to ship code and solve business problems.
- Experience with React (Native) is a plus.
- Experience working on systems that serve a large user base is a plus.
- Extensive experience with Linux is a plus.
What we offer
We would love to hear from you! Our process starts with a technical assignment, followed up by an on-site interview (possibly in Amsterdam).
Should you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com.
A reference check is part of our selection process.