Our approach to building software is lean and pragmatic, with a focus on building the right abstractions for our specific domain. We don't simply slap together a couple of npm modules, but continuously balance how this impacts our managed complexity and technical debt.
Our tech stack currently consists of Typescript, React (Native), PostgreSQL, Golang and PHP. We prefer to work with people who have seen—or want to learn—different technologies. We believe that all tools are a means to an end and it’s good to have some perspective.
We try hard to maintain a high level of readability of our code by putting in the time to adjust abstractions to our ever-changing business. Through extensive automated testing, we have a lot of confidence in the code we release. Everyone in the team is encouraged to touch the entire release process—there are no dedicated testers or system administrators. At Crisp, you will ship code to production on day one.
What you will do
- Work on our entire technology stack (frontend, backend, infra, testing, development tooling) to create the best possible experience for our users.
- Collaborate directly with specialists of other teams such as warehouse, commerce, service, finance and product.
- Design, develop and test features from inception to rollout.
- Create high-quality code that is easy to follow, reliable and reusable.
Who you are
We are looking for people with a strong computer science or software engineering background. And regardless of whether you're just out of school or have been doing this work for 30 years (we love to work with both!), you fit the following profile:
- You have a good understanding of database technology such as PostgreSQL.
- You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- You are a passionate learner who isn’t afraid of new tools and technologies.
- You possess a degree of pragmatism, with a drive to ship code and solve business problems.
- Experience with React (Native) is a plus.
- Experience working on systems that serve a large user base is a plus.
- Extensive experience with Linux is a plus.
- Proficiency speaking in Dutch is a plus.
What we offer
- Working with the best: a high-profile team experienced in building and scaling ventures from the ground up, with diverse backgrounds.
- The ability for you to learn quickly from others on the team.
- A team culture based on humility, openness and excellence.
- A competitive salary and (optionally) equity/stock.
- A beautiful office in De Pijp in Amsterdam. Delicious and healthy lunch included.
- An opportunity to have fun and bond outside of work: company events, Friday drinks, etc.
We would love to hear from you! Our process starts with a technical assignment, followed up by an on-site interview. A reference check is part of our selection process.