What you will do
Our approach to software is lean and pragmatic with a focus on eventual iteration speed: we prefer to build fitting abstractions for our domain, while keeping our stack nimble and maintainable. That means we don't simply slap together a couple of npm modules, but continuously balance how this adds to our managed complexity and technical debt.
Currently, our tech stack is built around React-Native/ObjC/Java and PostgreSQL/Golang/PHP. You will be working in a relatively small, Dutch speaking team.
- Work anywhere on our technology stack (frontend, backend, compiler tools, etc.) to create the best possible experience for our users.
- Design, develop and test features from inception to rollout.
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable.
- Collaborate with an experienced team of eCommerce experts, Food Specialists, Designers, Product Owners, and other Developers.
Who you are
- Good understanding of database technology such as PostgreSQL.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with Linux servers or modern cloud infrastructure.
- Passionate learner who isn’t afraid of new tools and technologies.
- Pragmatic person with open personality and nothing-is-impossible mindset.
- Experience with React (Native) is a plus.
- Experienced working on products that impact a large user base, for example at a scale-up or fast-growing online player is a plus.
- Dutch speaking is a big plus.
- Working with the best: a high-profile team experienced in building and scaling ventures from the ground, with diverse backgrounds.
- Steep development curve: we want you to learn quick and we want to learn from each other.
- Team culture of humbleness, openness and excellence.
- Good compensation in the form of salary.
- Possibility to discuss partial compensation in the form of equity/stock options.
- Office in the centre of Amsterdam.
- Of course a delicious and healthy lunch!
- Time for fun and team bonding: company events, Friday drinks, etc.
- Discount on your Crisp groceries.
We would love to hear from you! A technical assignment and reference check are part of our selection process.